Even with the benefit of a later deadline, Team Canada general manager Steve Yzerman and his staff have less than a month to decide on their roster for the Sochi Olympics. Kenny Stabler Womens Jersey . A week could still make plenty of difference in the long run. Now Canada has until Jan. 7 to name its 25-man group with injury replacements still possible. Another week might not make a huge difference in the case of Tampa Bay Lightning star Steven Stamkos, who is rehabbing from a broken right tibia. It would make all the sense in the world for Team Canada to name Stamkos to its initial roster in case he can return by early-to-mid-February. Where the extra time could really come into play is in helping some players heal up and others show that slow starts dont matter as much as hot streaks. There might not be room for the hottest Canadian-born player in the NHL come early January, but one or two spots being determined by whos on a roll isnt out of the question. Claude Giroux of the Philadelphia Flyers would be well served to pick up his offensive production, even though his rebound from a poor start (five goals and 15 assists in 29 games) has him back in the conversation. Problem for Giroux is, as Dallas Stars coach and Canada assistant Lindy Ruff said, the list of players who could make it is still "pretty long." No one has forced himself into that conversation more so than the Stars Jamie Benn. Playing left wing on the top line alongside Tyler Seguin has brought out the best in Benn, who wasnt invited to Team Canadas Olympic orientation camp in August. Benn said last week in Toronto he naturally used that as motivation, and Ruff said the converted centre was playing "like a possessed player" this season. Benn has seven goals and 19 assists in 28 games, second to only Chris Kunitz of the Pittsburgh Penguins among Canadian left-wingers. Who comes out to make room for Benn might not even be a matter of that player disappointing as much as a numbers game. Kunitzs numbers could have him in the conversation on their own, but his chemistry with Sidney Crosby cant be overlooked. Patrick Sharp of the Chicago Blackhawks brings versatility and the ability to play all three forward positions, but its easy to see him getting bumped at the last minute — or making it only if Stamkos cant go. Rick Nash of the New York Rangers didnt make the last projection while he was out with a concussion. Assuming he stays healthy through early January, Nash is a strong bet to sew up a spot, in this case knocking out Milan Lucic of the Boston Bruins. Jeff Carter of the Los Angeles Kings just returned from an extended absence with a foot injury, so its tough to gauge his candidacy at this point. Corey Perry of the Anaheim Ducks getting off to such a wicked start helps when Yzerman and Co. look at pure scorers, but it wouldnt hurt to have another one around, especially with Stamkoss status uncertain. On defence, Marc Staals neck injury and what New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault called "symptoms," could ensure he doesnt make it to Sochi to play with brother Eric, who should be a lock after picking up his production. Staal could be the fourth-best left-handed option Team Canada has behind Chicagos Duncan Keith, Jay Bouwmeester of the St. Louis Blues and sneaky-good Marc-Edouard Vlasic of the San Jose Sharks, but that might not be enough because of the depth of righties. Assuming Shea Weber of the Nashville Predators doesnt experience lingering problems from taking a puck to the face, Alex Pietrangelo of the Blues keeps up his impressive play and Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings stays healthy, the top three on the right side is set. Dan Boyle of the Sharks could be a good veteran to take for his work on the power play, while risk-reward case P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens might prove too good not to take. That would mean three lefties and five righties, but with the ability to dress seven defencemen there was already going to be some imbalance. The place where theres no real fluidity might be in goal. Montreals Carey Price has a 1.95 goals-against average and .938 save percentage and could be called Team Canadas presumptive No. 1 goaltender. Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks (2.34, .916) doesnt have numbers that jump off the page, but he did win gold in 2010 and has the edge over goalies like Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes and Corey Crawford of the Chicago Blackhawks because of that and his body of work. Jack Tatum Jersey .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Derek Carr Raiders Jersey . Louis Blues were workmanlike, methodical and -- most of all -- effective on Monday night. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/...aiders-Jersey/ . The 2014 edition will be the ninth meeting between the Caps and Vikes in a tradition that dates back to 2005. "Since the original Whitecaps, the club has enjoyed fantastic support from fans in Victoria and all across Vancouver Island," said Whitecaps FC president Bob Lenarduzzi.HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of his big game on Sunday that led the Baltimore Orioles over Houston. Still, the slumping All-Star cant help but think it could be a turning point in a season thats off to a tough start. "I hope so. I really hope so," he said. "(Sunday) was a good day at the plate. Felt good, and my legs are finally getting under me. Feel like I can continue that." Machado hit his first career grand slam, David Lough homered and drove in three runs, and the Orioles beat the Astros 9-4. Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz, leading the majors with 20 home runs and 52 RBIs, left in the third inning with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch from Scott Feldman. X-rays were negative and Cruz was listed as day to day. "Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasnt able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) Ill be good." Machados towering shot capped a six-run sixth inning. The 21-year-old Machado missed the first month after off-season knee surgery and has struggled since his return, prompting manager Buck Showalter to move him from the second spot to seventh in the batting order. He was back to batting second on Sunday and also doubled, giving him two hits for the second straight game and raising his average to .230. Machado doesnt feel like hes back to last years form, but hes making progress. "I feel much (more) comfortable in there," he said. "It was overall a good day. The pitching staff threw well. Were finally getting some hits when we need to. Things are coming into place." Wei-Yin Chen (6-2) scattered four hits with one run over 5 1-3 innings. Feldman (3-3) allowed nine runs and 11 hits in 5 1-3 innings. Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the eighth for the Astros, who have lost two straight after winning a season-high seven in a row. Machado doubled before Feldman plunked Cruz. Machado and Cruz pulled off a double steal before a sacrifice fly by Adam Jones made it 3-0. Cruz was replaced in right field for the bottom of the third inning. He didnt think that Feldman, who was a teammate of his in Texas, tried to hit him and FFeldman said it was in no way in intentional. Fred Biletnikoff Womens Jersey. . "I didnt want to hit him," Feldman said. "I checked after the game to make sure he was all right and they said it was just a bruise so that was a little relieving. It happens, its part of the game trying to pitch inside." The Orioles open a series at Texas, where Cruz spent the last eight seasons, on Tuesday. Showalter expects Cruz to try to play when the series begins. "Hes going to be sore," Showalter said. "If I know Nelson, hes going to want to play on Tuesday. Its got nothing to do with who were playing. He just likes to be there." Astros rookie George Springer snapped an 0-for-9 slump with a double that sailed over the head of Lough in right field to start the fourth inning. Chris Carters two-out single cut Baltimores lead to 3-1. Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy and Jonathan Schoop hit consecutive singles to load the bases with no outs in the sixth. Lough hit an RBI single, and an intentional walk to Nick Markakis set up Machados third homer. "I got into a situation there in the sixth that really just got out of hand," Feldman said. "Bases loaded and I just couldnt make a good pitch to Machado and left one right over the middle." Both teams had nifty plays by an outfielder. Left fielder Delmon Young robbed Jonathan Villar of a hit when he made a sliding catch shortly after entering the game in the third. Houstons defensive highlight came when right fielder Springer sprinted to make the catch on a sacrifice fly by Nick Hundley in the sixth. Springer slipped and fell on his backside after making the catch and made the throw in while still on the ground. NOTES: Showalter said Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, felt good after throwing a bullpen session. He will travel to meet the team during its series at Texas and throw another bullpen session there on Tuesday before a decision is made on when hell begin a rehabilitation assignment. ... Houston recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned LHP Brett Oberholtzer to the minor league team. ' ' '